Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Missile Shaped Church

I have found a purpose for this blog I created. I was thinking it would be good to have a place where I can comment on what I'm thinking and writing about emerging church without boring my usual blog readers silly.

I also harbour vague ambitions that, open source style, I can get comments, feedback and thoughts that I can loop back into my thinking and take it forward. Sounds a bit like getting help with your homework though so I don't know if anyone will oblige!

I will begin by telling you that I've been reading "Mission Shaped Church". So far it's pretty good, but, being an Anglican report, it does dissapear off into a particularly Anglican world at times. I have some thoughts about the report's outright rejection of a consumerist mentality, then a few pages later saying how important it is that variety is maintained in theology and practice to cater for all the different niches of society. Sounds more than a little contradictory to me.

I think this is a topic for a larger post because I have certain views on the demonisation of consumer christianity that is so popular at the minute. I'll leave you waiting with bated breath for more on that later.

No comments: