Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Indecent Proposal

Well ... Ok, perhaps 'indecent' is a bit strong. But after a long talk with someone more learned than I, I am making changes to the proposal I posted. I can't possibly cover the whole spectrum of ecclesiology and how it applies to emerging church, so I am going to look at the worship aspect alone. I know it doesn't cover all emerging worship, but I think I'll look at the alt.worship scene.

So I've got to think of a new title, description and to revise that booklist a bit.

Title:
Alternative Worship in the Emerging Church

Outline of Subject Matter:
An analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the alternative model of congregational worship as practised by emerging church communities. This analysis will include a theological evaluation of the culturally driven aspects of alternative worship.

Outline of Research Method:
Investigation of the current understanding of alternative worship by its practitioners, acknowledgement of the cultural climate which has shaped alternative worship and gaining understanding of the theology and history of worship in order to provide a standard against which to measure the validity of alternative worship.

Preliminary Bibliography

(need to work this out yet!)


Ok, that sounds a little more manageable. Well, as long as I don't need to write a complete theology of worship in the process.

No comments: